Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moving Sucks!!!

So...I still haven't started week 3. In fact, after busting my ass moving this weekend (btw we finished MOVING last night-long story) I think I've literally gained 5 pounds. I hope it's from my body holding onto water due to the shock of walking up and down 3 flights of stairs for 3 days straight carrying heavy boxes. (pleasssse let it be that). I have to admit...I was a bad BAD girl this weekend...lol. Yes I ate cookout...when you're moving (and have no electricity in said new apartment yet) you eat what you can...which meant OUT for us.

The move was almost a disaster. Thank god Alan's friend showed up to help us move the heavy stuff. At 2:00 our 17' u-haul was due back and we weren't finished. They had our truck already rented out so they offered us a van to switch it out. Well turns out after we dropped the truck off and went off to lunch to wait for the van to be ready...another 14' truck had been returned and they gave that one to us. Thank GOODNESS that happened because with all the stuff we still had left, a van wasn't going to cut it. We took over two more truck loads (not packed to the max but all that the two of us could manage). I have to say that moving lets you know who your friends really are. I now remember the reason why that last time we moved, I insisted we hire movers...the movers ended up sucking but in hindsight it was way better than what happened this weekend.

We still have to move some odds and ends out of our old apartment and clean it up. Our keys are due Friday for that one. We actually had to camp out in the living room on Saturday and Sunday night because our power in the new apartment couldn't be turned on until Monday. I didn't know progress energy didn't come out on Saturdays (our lease start date) and didn't know we could have turned it on Friday. I figured usually apartments have the electric on for your convenience (in their account name until you switch it over) but didn't realize that with new construction you are basically SOL. Good thing we moved out a week early and still had our old apartment as a back up.

I also started my first nursing job on Monday. When I got home from orientation yesterday, our power was on, but the AC WASN'T WORKING. Apparently, they just throw apartment buildings together and don't make sure the AC unit is hooked up to the correct apartment. So we were cooling the apartment above us the whole freaking day. UGH!!!! Thank god I called right before the office closed and they had someone out here in like 5 minutes and they fixed it in about 15 minutes. DEF. a close call.

Needless to say, I haven't started week 3 yet...my legs, feet, back and everything else is KILLING me...but I really am hoping to complete week 3 on W/F/Sun...if at all possible. Depending on how I feel I may have to start week 3 on monday but I REALLY don't want to do that. I'm just hoping that all that moving will balance out how crappy I ate this weekend. If not, it's back to the drawing board!!! I'm not going to weigh in again until this Monday, just because I said so!! :P

4 comments:

Jessica said...

how is it going?!? I am getting back on the wagon tomorrow!

Melissa said...

I love you...thanks for the kick in the ass...because when you wrote that...it wasn't going at all!!!! lol.

Jessica said...

That what this is for right?!?!? :)
A bit of exciting news on my end! The day I got my pics taken I weighed in, because I had set in my head to be at my goal weight ON that day!
SURE ENOUGH.....I dropped down to my EXACT goal weight that same day!!!!!!
So now on to the maintaining and REALLY making it a lifestyle not just a GOAL! ;) xoxoxo

Jessica said...

p.s...did you see my pics?!?