Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rewards...

I think from time to time, to keep myself motivated, I will come up with rewards for small triumphs.  I haven't figured out my rewards for finishing C25K, but I really think just finishing it will be the big reward (and not missing the pounds I have hopefully shed).

So, in celebration of my finishing my first week of C25K (and never having to wait a table again!!--that's how these babies got so beat up) I am going to treat myself to a new pair of running shoes.  Really, it's more like a necessity than a reward, as I know my ankles, knees and back will thank me for it! ;)
Photobucket
Any suggestions on a great pair of running shoes?

8 comments:

Jessica said...

If you are actually going to splurge and spend the money on a nice pair, it is definitely worth going to a running store and getting fitted. They look at your fit and watch how you run and tell you what the best shoe for your body/running style will be. This made worlds of difference for me. Bye bye shin splints!

birdcagebride said...

haha...are you sure they won't laugh at my "run"...which is more like plodding along. Maybe when I finish C25K and actually ENJOY running, I will splurge on an expensive pair like that (and I acutally look better running..lol). But for now, shoes that you can find at like DSW or something. Thanks for the tip though Jessica, I'll definitely look into it once I can be sure that running is definitely for me. :)

Sunkissed2012 said...

I would go to a running store such as Runners World and have an associate help you find the right shoe. They have you take a jog so they can see how you run which will help them figure out what shoe will support you best. I did this about a month ago and I love my new shoes. Plus it makes my runs that much more enjoyable (I'm a pretty new runner too!) Best of luck!

Val Duffinger said...

Definietly go to a running shop and get fitted! They'll get you in the right shoes for your gait/body/etc.

birdcagebride said...

ok you guys may have convinced me. I'll definitely check it out...I just hope it won't break the bank! ;)

Anonymous said...

hey girl if you ever wanna go to the gym with just let me know, plus here is a blog you can follow http://eurofitllc.blogspot.com/ she is jessica's personal trainer. and a good website jess sent me is http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/

ptg said...

I would also recommend a running store. I love, love, LOVE Road Runner Sports (they have some stores but also online website). I order all my shoes online!

Unknown said...

definitely go to the running store! but, most of the time shoes are a lot cheaper online. i'd go to the store, find the pair you want to buy, and then get them off the internet. you can save tons of money that way. i only buy my shoes online now that i know what i wear!