Sunday, August 9, 2009

Week 3 COMPLETE!

Ok, so 2 miles in 27:46....haha a little better than D2 this week! lol. I FINALLY got a pic of the new treadmill monitor. This time I hit "cool down" and it took me down to 2.3 mph and then I stepped on the siderails with the treadmill still running and took a photo as best I could. lol. Turns out..it STILL erases most of the info...gah!! But I did 2.14 miles total. When you hit the cool down button it starts the timer over again and counts down a 3 minute cool down. How ANNOYING!!! =/ Not even worth uploading IMO. Next time I'll just keep it where I'm at and step off and take a pic with it still running at my pace. I meant to take a pic of the entire gym but I forgot again...haha.

Anyways. Week 3 is donzo!! I meant to run last night but got caught up in organizing our finances late at night. I get my first paycheck at the end of the week and I'm sooooo excited! It's only half a paycheck though since we came in the middle of a pay period but I'll take it!

Today's workout seemed a little harder. I've had a killer headache almost the whole day and finally gave in and took advil a few minutes ago. I ran at 5.0 for the first two intervals and then at 4.8 for the last three. 4.8 definitely seems like my comfort zone so I think I may start at that and kick in the 5.0 mid workout instead to change it up.

Here are Week 3's bpm and tracks:
25 minutes from 130 to 140 BPM

BPM CHART
5-minute warmup @ 130 BPM 1:45-6:45
90 seconds @ 140 BPM 6:48-8:18
90 seconds @ 130 BPM 8:18-9:54
3 minutes @ 140 BPM 9:54-12:58
3 minutes @ 130 BPM 12:58-16:00
90 seconds @ 140 BPM 16:00-17:33
90 seconds @ 130 BPM 17:34-19:08
3 minutes @ 140 BPM 22-25 19:09-22:12
22:12-25:17 *** this interval is not listed on the site but is in the mix!!! 3 minutes @ 130bpm
4-min. 10-sec. cooldown @ 130 BPM 25:17-29:26

PLAYLIST:
01. Industry - Release Me (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Mix)
02. Marcelo Castelli - Montevideo (Original Mix)
03. Indart, Chus & Ceballos - Buenos Beats (Iberican Vibes EP)
04. Absolute - Dance Music Programme (Pagano in Heaven Mix)
05. Rob Curtis & Anisotropic - Quicksilver (Anisotropic Remix)
06. Nat Monday - Waiting (John Creamer & Stephane K Mix)

Weird because I've been ending on running as the music fades out. I start my warmup as he is talking and the full track is 29:26. He talks for 1:45 in the beginning...So I'm actually doing like a 7 minute warmup...at the end it has extra music that I've been running to...a FULL 4 MINUTE INTERVAL!!!! haha..no WONDER I kept saying how hard that "last" interval was....lol!!! I listened the the mix on my laptop and took the info from djsteveboy.com to find out what the deal is. Basically, there is a 3 minute interval of walking that is missing from the written program...and then after that it's supposed to be a 4 minute warm down. WOOPS!! Maybe I'm the only idiot that made the mistake, but I mean...it IS confusing!! And that last track is my fave!! Work it...work work work work, work it work it...oooooh release me!!...haha it's the only thing that kept me going on my "extra" running interval. I thought that last interval was a little harsh!! But hey, I will benefit from the extra work so I'm not that upset...lol. So the end is really a 7 minute warm down since it's the same bpm.

Needless to say, I will map out Week 4 before I do it to make sure I can plan out my mph intervals. ;)

No comments: