haha...yeah...I failed again tonight. It wasn't about my breathing but I was just plain tired and got a nasty shin splint (?) in my left shin while running. It's fine now, but wow it was nagging during the third interval so I stopped...afraid I might really hurt myself. I went for the last interval and just knew it was the end for me. So I stopped at 1.75 miles in about 23 minutes. Bummer but that really sucked and I didn't want to kill myself over it. At least I got in almost two miles. I definitely HAVE to repeat week 4 this week. I'm getting nervous because some of the other girls seem way ahead of the game than I am. I feel really slow. I hope it's just AF that is making me so drained this week. I also ate a late lunch and didn't eat before I ran, thinking it would make me feel better, but I really felt drained of energy. I definitely felt different this week so hopefully next week I can step it up and knock week 4 out of the park!!
Another downer tonight was I was talking to my dad saying how Alan and I were about to go to the gym and he started asking about it. I told him how I have been running 3x a week for the past month....Of course he's like, "so have you lost any weight?" (WTF?!?! DAD!!!!) and then he started talking about how I wouldn't want to run with ALL THAT WEIGHT ON ME....omg I wanted to cry. Who does that? And then he's like, have you ever tried that Jenny Carpenter, eh Carmen, errr Caoisdfjaioweofer...I wanted to die. Thanks dad. And yes, I'm still at 178. I haven't budged a pound...just floated around it. I remember the days when my heaviest was 172 and I only was there for like a few weeks before I started WW. I've always lived in the 160s and even THEN I thought I was a cow. I need to pull myself out of this hole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hang in there! Dads have a tendency to approach the weight subject poorly. No matter what the scale says, you are taking better care of yourself and that's what is most important. If it makes you feel any better, my scale hasn't budged in a month either :(
can't change the past....just keep your head up and focus on your GOALS! ;)
Post a Comment